Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ganesh Chaturthi in pune - 11 Sep 2010

Festival of Ganesh Chaturthi in pune...!!!

I was not really aware of that this festival being celebrated like this much grand in pune.

Ganesh in Lakshmi Road
I had a casual visit with my friends to Lakshmi road on Ganesh Chaturthi. My friends gave me hints about this festival but I didn't expect this much.

Very attractive and grand looking Ganesh sitting all around. This is a sample piece.

I could see small, medium and extra large size Ganesh over there but all are looking quite  impressive.




I was just looking at crowd and thinking that this might be some pune population get together happening :-). See this was a part of crowd at one place (of-course they are my friends). 

 


There are different groups played different kind of instruments with same step of actions and style wow...!!!

They made ultimate settings(palace) for Ganesh to sit. It looks like a real palace, its hard to believe just a setting, I touched and confirmed.



 They made some more attractive things side by side like Lions on the two sides of the palace.
 





God Shiv also took part of this festival. They try to show God Shiv as much realistic (Ganga flowing on top of Shiv's head).
 
 
  


I didn't understand why Mr.Ravan took part in this festival (may be some reason).



The lighting arrangements, musics, decorations, crackers and happiness of people etc.. are touched my heart.

I really enjoyed this festival in pune with my friends. We had sugar cane juice and ice cream in respective special shops... :-).

Do not miss next Ganesh Chaturthi in pune.

2 comments: